The Office of Distance & Alternative Education facilitates testing services for students outside the Austin area. The student is responsible for finding a testing facility to proctor exams and providing documentation to confirm testing arrangements. Proctors are expected to comply with ACC Testing Center procedures to maintain the integrity of the testing process. [Related: Student Responsibilities]
Distance Testing Procedure
- You will automatically receive an email each time a student requests Distance Testing for one of your courses.
- Complete page 1 of the Distance Testing Instructions Form. It will be sent to the proctor to provide instructions for administering the exams: time limits, deadlines, supplemental materials allowed, the method to return exams (as applicable for paper tests), and passwords for online tests. It also describes the expectations for proctoring to comply with ACC Testing Center Guidelines.
- For paper exams: Email your exam materials and the completed Distance Testing Instructions Form to: email@example.com
- For online Respondus exams: Email the completed Distance Testing Instructions Form with exam passwords to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refer to the Password QuickStart for help locating Respondus passwords in Blackboard.
- [NEW] ACC students may now use ProctorU, a live online proctoring service, for Respondus exams. To learn more, please visit the ProctorU Portal and watch the short informational video. Then take a look at these handouts that describe some of the processes and security: ProctorU Benefits, Screen-Sharing Technology.
- If you have multiple students in the same class and the instructions and materials are the same for all sections, you only need to submit the Distance Testing Instructions Form and testing materials once per semester.
- If you prefer to send exam materials yourself, please notify our office.