Section Note Procedures
Distance Learning works with instructional departments to adhere to the schedule development timeline. Departments may choose to enter their own Section Notes, or request the DL Administrative Assistant to enter the note.
To ensure DL has adequate time to enter Section Notes, we ask instructional departments to notify Pam Montalbano when faculty members are assigned to teach a Distance Learning course.
- If an instructor has previously taught the DL course, information from the earlier Section Note will be used as a template for the new section.
- If a new instructor is assigned to teach the section, Distance Learning needs the Section Note 'Required Information.'
Use the DL Section Note Submittal Form to provide section information to Distance Learning.
The DL Administrative Assistant sends proofing notices to instructors via the DL Faculty Listserv. Instructors follow the emailed instructions to proof the text, and use the email reply function to report changes.
The deadline to submit Section Notes to DL is two weeks before registration begins. After that time, the department must enter or make changes to Section Notes using the Course Schedule Notes system.
- Course Prefix and Number, Synonym, and Semester/Session
- Instructor first and last name, ACC phone number, ACC email address
- Mandatory orientation requirements
- Orientation completion date
Note: Orientation must be available online no later than the first day of class and MUST be completed before session census date to comply with attendance certification deadline.
- ONL classes must say "Internet access required," give the online orientation location (Blackboard or other URL), and list any hardware or software students need to purchase.
- HYD & DLC classes must provide day, date, time, campus, and room number for orientation (if on campus) and all meetings.
Note: Departments use R25 to schedule rooms for on-site meetings.
Notes for Unstaffed Sections
Notes for sections without an assigned instructor after the deadline will use the default wording: "For section and mandatory orientation information, contact the instructor by first day of class."