Finding the Respondus password for secure, proctored Blackboard exams
Step 1: Locate the exam password
- Login to Blackboard.
- Select your course.
- Select the menu link where your exam is located.
- Click on the chevron button next to the name of the exam.
- Choose Edit the Test Options.
- Scroll to the end of the TEST AVAILABILITY section on the Test Options page.
- The Password checkbox is checked for a secure exam. Select and copy the computer-generated password located in the Password text field.
Step 2: Send the password to Distance Education for distribution to proctor
- Download the Distance Testing Instructions Form.
- Provide course information in Part I, including the synonyms and semesters exam materials are valid.
- Add proctoring instructions such as time limits and supplemental materials authorized in Part IIA.
- Paste the computer-generated password(s) into Part IIB.
- Save the form and email to email@example.com. Your exam passwords will be securely retained by Distance Education and distributed to the proctor upon our authorization of the selected testing site.