Student Guide to DL
How to Begin a DL Class
DL classes are listed in the Course Schedule with instructor contact information, syllabus, textbooks, and course orientation instructions. You must complete an orientation for each DL class. If you don't, you may be dropped.
If you can't complete the orientation as scheduled, contact your instructor immediately. If you have trouble reaching your instructor, contact the Instructional Department.
ACC also offers advising and counseling to address the unique needs of online students. The DL Counselor can help you decide on reasonable academic loads, select courses, and answer other Student Services questions about online education.
Email the DL Counselor or call (512) 223.8187.
Succeeding in a DL Class
The following suggestions will help you get the most out of your class:
- Check out DL Path to Success—our new module highlighting ACC's student support services.
- If you're a new student, get your Student ID Card. You'll need it for Testing Centers, Libraries, and Computer Labs.
- Order textbooks from the ACC Bookstore for home delivery.
- Read the syllabus for details about course assignments and testing requirements.
- If you live outside of Austin, review Distance Testing procedures.
- If you're taking an ITV class, refer to viewing options.
- Check your ACCmail regularly for college announcements.
- Complete an evaluation at the end of the semester. Your participation is vital for the continued improvement of DL courses.
Many library resources and services can be accessed online, as well as on campus.
Most DL courses, including online (ONL) classes, require you to take proctored exams.